Escape the Noise - Improve Mental Health!
Mental health is central to everything we do at Timpanogos Hiking Co.
We are living in a mental health epidemic. In 2023, 40% of adults reported struggling with mental health. That number is even higher among teens and young adults, nearly 60% of whom are battling mental health issues.
Our tagline -- escape the noise -- is about a simple but incredibly effective antidote to this trend: getting outdoors and doing physical things.
Hiking in particular has a ton of proven benefits, among them:
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Clears mind/gives perspective
- Improves creativity/facilitates ideas
- Allows a mental break from screen saturation
- Reconnects us with nature
- Naturally increases seratonin and dopamine
- Curtails the loss of gray matter
- Makes us more attentive to the world around us
- Gets our blood pumping, which improves both physical and mental health
- Gives us time and memories with other people, or on our own!
For more on the benefits of hiking, visit:
- Depression, Tech Fatigue, and What I Found in the Mountains of Utah
- Mind & Body: What Hiking Does for Your Mental and Physical Health
- Why I Love Hiking and Its Impact on My Mental Health
Timpanogos Hiking Co. supports all efforts to improve mental health by getting outdoors and doing physical things. Check out and support some of our friends also championing this issue.
We also recognize that mental health is complicated and often requires a multi-faceted approach. Click here for more resources.
If you or someone you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts, you are not alone!
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 24/7 at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)